Nothing better than spending the weekend trying to make your printer work with macOS. HP LaserJet 1018 isn’t officially supported, and I always forget what I did last time…
- Download and install the latest drivers, 5.1 at the time of writing.
- Open Printers & Scanners
- Connect your device to a USB port
- Click the + button to add a new printer
- You should see your device in the list
- Pick it, and manually select the driver for HP LaserJet 1022
If there is one thing Windows does better, it’s drivers! I don’t even recall when was the last time I’ve plugged something that Windows wasn’t able to detect.