If you have trouble installing, switch to “Windows Classic” theme under “Personalization” (should be done automatically). After the installation, we need to setup Matlab to use the newest Java version instead of the supplied one.
- Download and install the latest jre version
- Go to C:\Program Files\Java (or C:\Program Files (x86)\Java)
- Copy the folder name jre6 to <Matlab-installation-dir>\sys\java\jre\win32
- Go to <Matlab-installation-dir>sys\java\jre\win32
- Open the file named jre.cfg
- Instead of (in my case 1.4.2), write 6. Now Matlab will use jre6 instead of jre1.4.2.
Matlab should start now without problems.